Protecting Your Time With Your Child

Determining child custody can be very stressful, especially if the parents cannot reach an agreement. Even in straightforward cases, however, it is a good idea to work with a child custody lawyer.

Without a family law attorney on your side, you cannot be sure your rights are protected. At the Tibbs Law Office, we understand how important it is to protect your relationship with your children. Our attorney and staff are committed to helping clients through the custody process as well as child support determination. If your case cannot be resolved through negotiation or mediation, you will have a trial lawyer with 13 years of experience protecting your interests in court. Please call us in Louisville at 502-694-4826 for an appointment.

Child Custody, Child Support And Modifications

In our custody practice, we represent married people who are going through divorce. We also represent unmarried parents who need a custody agreement.

Creating a parenting plan is one of the first steps in determining custody. The parenting plan details:

  • Where the child will live
  • Where the child will spend holidays and vacations
  • Which parent makes decisions about the child's health, education and religious upbringing
  • How parents will handle issues such as dating, driving, extracurricular activities and more

Parenting plans can be as detailed as the parents wish. Because the child's needs will change over time, it is good to plan ahead. Our experienced legal staff will assist you with this and will tailor the parenting plan to your family's unique needs.

In addition, we will help you with child support. Kentucky's child support guidelines determine the amount of support a parent pays. We will explain how the guidelines apply to you. Typically, the court does not deviate much from the formula used to calculate support. If necessary, however, attorney Tibbs will argue for an amount that is outside the guidelines.

Do you have an existing custody agreement or child support order that no longer works for your family? Are you seeking to relocate? We can help you modify the orders. We represent parents seeking or contesting modifications.

We Are Ready To Protect Your Interests

To make an appointment, call 502-694-4826. You may also email us, and we will respond to your message promptly.